sobota, 12 marca 2011

Read, children, read!!

Although I’ve always been a voracious reader, I cannot really think of any book that would be “the book of my childhood.”  I can recall some spellbinding novels, such as Lassie Come-Home, Anne of Green Gables, or (omnipresent :P) Harry Potter.
Please Lassie, come back!!!! ;(
Nevertheless, there was a comic book which was with me all my childhood – Donald Duck
Not only did the adventures of Donald and his nephews (Huey, Dewey, and Louie) stir my imagination, but also encouraged me to learn to read. I’m always happy when I see my little nephew watching cartoons about Donald or when I can read the comic book to him. Donald Duck has been printed in Poland since 1991 which gives us almost 800 issues!!It will probably be here when we're gone.
Donald Duck - always has some good advice for kids.

3 komentarze:

  1. PARTY HARD!! :D

    I used to read Donald Duck too! :) It was cool, it was really funny and it always brings a smile to my face when I see this comic in the stores now.

    Great memories... :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. haha, I think everyone knows that comic :D

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. I wanted to be one of his mischievous nephews so much!! xD

    OdpowiedzUsuń